Home Safety Checklist
- Educate yourself on Child Sexual
- Educate everyone in the family about
Child Sexual Abuse and involve them in child safety.
- Teach your children about Personal
Safety Rules – that their body belongs to them, they have the right to say no,
and that they call to tell a helping adult if they are unsafe.
- Revisit and remind your child that
their personal safety is important that you are prepared to believe them if
anyone does something that is inappropriate.
- Set clear family boundaries around touching.
- Occasionally check-in when children
are playing out od your sights and be aware of their whereabouts.
- Take sensible precautions with people
who have access to your children.
- Listen and validate your child’s
feelings and check in to find out that they are not afraid, confused,
uncomfortable under the care of any specific person.
- Seek help and advice as soon as there
are concerns, instead of waiting for certain evidence of harm.
your local resources and how to access them.